How to find content ideas.
You know the feeling right? Staring at t blank piece of paper knowing you want to create engaging and valuable content for your audience but then. You have know idea what to actually write?
So here is how I do it.
- keep a notebook by your computer at all times, and make a note of any content ideas or stories that come into your head.
- A swipe file other posts I’ve seen that I liked, I copy and paste them into a document. If I was organised I’d probably find a way to organise them into content catagories, so if I wanted to write a post about x, I would look in file and find a post which I can edit to make my own – it is important to make the post your own, add your own style, and speak in your own tongue or your audience will know it’s not you!
- Whilst browsing through out the day if I see a question asked online in a group or forum I make a note of the Question, Answering the questions that people want answers for is not only a great way to get content for your audience it is also highly engaging!
- Visit https://answerthepublic.com/ there you can put in any search term and find questions people are asking about your questions and these can then be used as post ideas.
- Buy the book They ask you answer by Marcus Sheridan – to help you get a better understanding of the types of content and how to create leads from your content!
Most importantly just make a start, get into the habit of producing content on your site. The more you do it the easier it will become and the better you will get!